On My Nightstand

  • The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
  • What the Body Remembers by Shauna Singh Baldwin (podcast)
  • A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle

Thursday, May 29, 2008

What the Body Remembers


I have read this novel before and absolutely adore it! It's a beautiful story about the power of women through their strength, weakness, love, and malice with a beautiful exotic background that crosses through interesting historic moments. I found out that the CBC has featured this book on their program "Between the Covers". With each new episode they read the next chapter. They're about a third of the way through the novel and so I downloaded some of the archived podcasts and am trying to catch up. I have never really gotten interested in audiobooks because part of what I like about reading is the feel of the book in my hand. So with this podcast, I'm leaving my comfort zone slightly. There's nothing like having a story read aloud. When I'm on my own, I like to read aloud, I like to feel the words and not just hear them in my head. This podcast brings me back to being a kid and having my father read to me before bed! Also, I listen to it when I'm on the treadmill and it helps me turn a normally dreaful time into an enjoyable one!

No comments: