On My Nightstand

  • The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
  • What the Body Remembers by Shauna Singh Baldwin (podcast)
  • A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Yann Martel is my God

I have been keeping track of the website www.whatisstephenharperreading.ca for a while now. Yann Martel is truly brilliant and deserves all the acclaim he can get. The concept is simple: Yann Martel is justifiably angry at the piddly amount of funding Prime Minister Stephen Harper is doling out for the arts in Canada and so he is attempting to educate Mr. Harper. Every other Monday Yann Martel sends him a novel with a letter explaining it in the hope that Mr. Harper will learn and appreciate something outside of his busy and self-promoting life. Yann Martel has promised to continue Mr. Harper's education for as long as he is in office. Yann Martel's peaceful protest is truly remarkable and worth supporting!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Awesome! I haven't heard of that website before... I'm not a Harper fan so I think it's a cool idea.